Norway - Broadband Market Insights, Statistics and Forecasts - 2012
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2z2zk2/norway) has announced the addition of the "Norway - Broadband Market Insights, Statistics and Forecasts" report to their offering.
Norway's broadband penetration is among the highest in Europe, the result of a technologically demanding populace and the efforts of providers to migrate dial-up subscribers to broadband services. Telenor and NextGenTel are the leading ISPs, though a number of smaller operators and resellers are also active. Mobile broadband has also become a key development, with LTE networks among the most advanced in the world. In this report we profile Norway's fixed and wireless broadband markets, together with developments in related technologies such as Broadband Powerline, wireless broadband, and internet via satellite. We also provide broadband forecasting scenarios to 2012 and 2020, and assess the strategies of the main players including Telenor and NextGenTel.
- Broadband revenue growth slows in 2011
- Fibre-based broadband worth NOK1.445 billion
- Mobile broadband subscriber base grows 80% in 2010
- Telenor purchases two local fibre providers
- Ventelo restructures business divisions
- Altibox launches mobile broadband
- Broadband growth slows to 3% in line with higher penetration
- Regulator's market data for 2011, Accenture awarded five-year contract to build an electronic health record system
- Telcos' operating and financial data to September 2012
- Market developments to October 2012.
Companies covered in this report include:
- Nordisk Mobiltelefon.
Key Topics Covered:
2.1 Broadband statistics
2.2 Government support
3. Cable modems
4. Asymmetrical Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL)
4.4 Other DSL developments
5. Fibre-to-the-Home (FttH) networks
6. Broadband Powerline (BPL)
7. Wireless broadband
7.2 Wireless broadband 2.3GHz band
7.3 Wireless LANs
7.6 Fixed Wireless Access (FWA)
7.7 Mobile broadband
7.8 Internet via satellite
9. Forecasts - broadband subscribers - 2009 - 2012; 2020
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2z2zk2/norway
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Broadband (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=324&campaign_id=2z2zk2)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org)).
(c) 2012 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Cable Spotlight's Homepage ]