Cable Technology Feature Article
Charter Communications Intros Free Downloadable Mobile App
By Deepika Mala, TMCnet Contributor
A free downloadable app for the iPhone (News - Alert), iPod touch, or BlackBerry smartphones has been introduced by Charter Communications (News - Alert). The customers, through this application, get access to the most up-to-date information about Charter services.
Charter, also launched its newly redesigned charter.net, with new customization tools, easy access to charter.net email and Facebook (News - Alert), real-time TV listings and trailers of movies available on Charter On Demand.
“Charter’s mobile app brings convenience to our customer’s lives. It brings together product and On Demand Movie information, TV listings, customer support videos and content and service locations into a single location. Mobile devices are something that people always have within their reach. With this app, we are making it easy for our customers to have information about Charter services at their fingertips,” said Jim Gallagher, director of Online Marketing for Charter.
It is being expected by Charter that its mobile application will continue to grow in functionality in order to include more content streaming and the ability to order services.
Some of the striking features of the Charter mobile app include the ability to:
- View On Demand listings and trailers
- Find your local service center
- View your local TV Listing
- View Charters Facebook and Twitter sites
- Get headline news and weather information
- View customer support articles and videos
- Contact Charter’s customer support
- Check out Charter’s most recent eNewsletter
- Learn about Charter’s popular loyalty program, Live It with Charter
- Configure your device to pull in your emails
The charter.net site, using state-of-the art technology, was recently enhanced to include the following features:
- Customizable front page, including a continuous stream of headline news, sports and stocks
- Access to Charter email, Facebook and ESPN360.com with just one click
- Access to On Demand and a host of movie and television information and ability to email popular videos to a friend with Charter’s video player
“Charter continues to make technological enhancements, providing new communications and entertainment solutions for our customers’ multi-faceted needs. We have the platform to take these solutions to the next level, so consumers can anticipate much more to come,” Rich DiGeronimo, Vice President of Product Management for Charter, added.
In related news, Charter Communications, Inc. has announced that notice of redemption was provided to the holders of record of Series A 15% Payment-in-Kind Preferred Stock of Charter.
Deepika Mala is a contributing editor for TMCnet. To read more of her articles, please visit her columnist page.
Edited by Kelly McGuire