Cable Technology Feature Article
Latest Release of TVUPack Uplink Solutions Boasts New Enhancements
By Nathesh, TMCnet Contributor
TVU Networks, a provider of IP video and live mobile electronic newsgathering (ENG) solutions, stated that the latest release of its next-generation TVUPack mobile cellular uplink solutions is incorporated with new enhancements to deliver deeper satellite integration, improved resilience and performance in low-latency settings and enhanced configuration control.
Paul Shen, chief executive officer at TVU Networks, commented, “Hundreds of the largest and most prestigious broadcast organizations around the world transmit thousands of hours of live video using TVUPack every day. TVU is a recognized industry leader for its ability to deliver innovative IP-video solutions to broadcasters, and with this release we continue to push the boundaries of what TVUPack is capable of.”
According to TVU, its TVUPack offers a family of portable, lightweight video capture and transmission solutions that enables broadcasters to deliver professional broadcast-quality video of live news and events to audiences. Instead of using conventional satellite and microwave remote broadcast products, TVUPack broadcasts live video in HD or SD using multiple 3G/4G/LTE/WiFi (News - Alert)/WiMax/BGAN connections. With TVUPack, one can cover live events from locations that are costly or difficult to reach with traditional methods.
The TVUPack cellular uplink solutions are stated to be built with advanced features like one button operation, fast start up, and unique dual encoding capabilities that can be leveraged to concurrently transmit a live video stream while separately recording the video in HD for store-and-forward.
Some of the new enhancements built into the latest release of TVUPack cellular uplink solutions are:
- Enhanced performance at low-latency settings can enable broadcasters to significantly reduce delay while conducting live interviews and realize improved resilience with the system's new bit rate auto-set functionality
- Deeper satellite integration lets users to make use of available bandwidth from satellite connections in addition to cellular data
- Improved Datacard configuration control allows an experience operator to configure the uplink solutions for inexperienced or busy users in the field
- GPS location mapping for collecting GPS location data from each TVUPack transmitter in the field, providing the GPS location to each connected TVUPack;
- Return video feed lets the TVUPack to work in conjunction with TVU Grid to deliver a live video return feed from the Grid Transceiver in the production facility to the TVUPack in the field
Edited by Alisen Downey